Friday 13 January 2012

1 Week After My Operation

Not going to lie ....... I FEEL LIKE SHIT.

A few hours before my op i was told i was going to have two procedures in stead of one.

Laparoscopy: 
Is a procedure to look inside your abdomen by using a laparoscope. A laparoscope is like a thin telescope with a light source. It is used to light up and magnify the structures inside the abdomen. A laparoscope is passed into the abdomen through a small incision (cut) in the skin.

A laparoscopy may be done to find the cause of symptoms such as abdominal pain, pelvic pain, or swelling of the abdomen or pelvic region. Or, it may be done if a previous test such as an X-ray or scan has identified a problem within the abdomen or pelvis. A laparoscopy enables a doctor to see clearly inside your abdomen. Some common conditions which can be seen by laparoscopy include:

  • Endometriosis
  • Pelvic inflammatory disease
  • Ectopic pregnancy
  • Ovarian cyst
  • Appendicitis
Hysteroscopy:
Is a procedure that allows your doctor to look inside your uterus in order to diagnose and treat causes of abnormal bleeding. Hysteroscopy is done using a hysteroscope, a thin, lighted tube that is inserted into the vagina to examine the cervix and inside of the uterus. Hysteroscopy can be either diagnostic or operative.

When i woke up in the recovery room, i was in unbearable pain, i was so confused, and i felt so lost! I was in and out of sleep for hours.

When i finally woke up, i had my parents around me, and the nurses were trying to get me to the toilet ASAP so they could send me home! Not a smart idea!

It took me ages and alot of pain to get up, and it took me 2 nurses to help me get to the toilet!

When i was in there i had to pull the emergency cord as i was bleeding really badly, and knew i was about to be sick everywhere! I was taken back to my bed, and told i couldn't go home, i had to stay.

But i finally got to go home on the saturday morning!

I was feeling great, except for the soreness or where i have been cut open (One in my belly button, one on my side and a nice two inch one at the very bottom of my stomach!) I was so happy that all my usual pains had gone!

But then monday, things started to get nasty again, i was feeling very dizzy and sick, and could feel all the pains creeping back! On the tuesday i had to be seen by my GP asap, as i was still dizzy and sick, but this time i was vomiting! She said i have a high tempature, an infection (UTI) and had an allergic reaction from something during surgery!

I was given anti biotics, anti hystamines and pain killers. But the next day i was feeling worse! By thursday i had to ring NHS direct for some advice as i was so scared i didnt no what to do! They told me i had to be seen by a doctor asap!

When my mum got home she rang the doctor, and he finally came to my house at 6.50, he said my infection has got worse and is now all in my bladder, so he has prescribed me with more anti biotics and anti sickness tablets! If none of this works, he sais i need to call him straight away, or go to the hopsital!

Im also having the worst pains on my right side just at the bottom of my rib cage :(

Fingers crossed that everything will be ok  from now on!!

No comments:

Post a Comment